Thursday 10 June 2021

CONTENT WRITING WORKSHOP EXPERIENCE

 My Experience in the 6-Day Content Writing Workshop.

Classrooms are something I have never liked throughout my educational journey. I would do anything to avoid sitting in a classroom and listening to long lectures. I am a person who believes in learning through experiences. This was how my student life went by and after my graduation, I tried my best not to get into any classroom-style education. I sort of succeeded too, to a certain extent. 

Most of my career life has been a 'Work from Home' kind of job. Slowly, I learnt to sit in one place and work. My ten-plus years of experience in English Proofreading and training made me passionate about editing everything I set my eyes upon. In the process, I did manage to successfully get on a few people's nerves. 

Even though I could edit/rectify what was written, I never ventured into writing something on my own. I secretly had this passion to attempt to write. That is when I started my own blog and just randomly scribbled something that I felt. Slowly, this secret passion got onto me more and I really wanted to give it a serious try. I wanted to write my thoughts and also do some copywriting jobs for companies. 

In order to give this a shot, I enrolled myself in a 6-day online workshop conducted by the ContentVidhya group. I have to say that it took me a lot of courage to join this workshop. I had tried a couple of writing attempts before but couldn't get anywhere to my satisfaction. 

First Day experience

Every day, the session was organized for two hours. I joined the first day of the workshop with all my inhibitions about attending a classroom-style course after a long time and also about my writing limitations. My trainer, Ms. Uma Madhavi, took the session in a very simple manner. I felt that her communication was straightforward and simple with no flamboyant style. Within the first hour itself, I got the feeling that she was communicating with me personally. I felt that the materials that she showed on the screen were very useful and I kept taking photos of them since they truly caught my attention. I have this habit of immediately clicking on my phone camera when something interests me and later I realized this is exactly what I was doing after seeing the useful slides on the screen. 

Rest of the Days' experience 

The initial three days went on very well and I was quite surprised to find that I wasn't bored at all 'in a classroom.' We were given some tasks to complete and this gave me the push (I needed) to write.....🖋🖋🖋🖋 The simple tips and tools which were shown in the sessions made me want to try writing. It was like someone had just removed a Road Divider from my path and I could freely drive ahead. Probably, this is called a "Writer's Block" and I glided over it smoothly. 

Credits: beabetterblogger.com

Now, I am keen on completing all the tasks given on all the days of the sessions. This has also given me certain leverage for my mind to think ahead of the topics that I want to write about. A lot of resourceful links and materials were shared with us which would definitely help us in our future writing attempts. 

A small way to say a BIG THANK YOU to Ms. Uma Madhavi for an inspiring workshop and for opening the gates of my writing journey! 



No comments:

Post a Comment